Warm Holiday Wishes & Gift Ideas!
Hi Sperling friends,
The holiday season is upon us, and although the vines are happily slumbering in the vineyard, activity in the winery and tasting room has been bustling.
We appreciate you sending in your holiday orders, buying gifts for your family and friends, and stopping in to share a tasting with your loved ones. Our guests, the twinkling holiday lights, and gentle snowfall have us feeling all the love from this wonderful season.
If you’ve visited the tasting room, you’ve likely seen at least one member of our family on site (pictured above). Jill (that's me) is the General Manager at Sperling, Rickard manages our vineyards and oversees Winemaking, along with Ann Sperling (my aunt.) We have 4 kids ranging in age from 21 years to 3.5 years that are routinely involved in a variety of tasks in retail, production and the vineyard. Jackson, Sophia and Magnus have grown up on this incredible site we are fortunate to farm; little Tessa is living her best life, and we can’t forget Dexter, the 3 year old black Labahoula, who’s at Rickard’s side every step of the way. We are a family winery, in every sense of the word. Every sale and visit results in celebration, cheer & a little happy dance. Thank you, we are so grateful for your support.
Team Picks & Gift Guides
My favourite Sperling wine and food pairing for the holiday’s is the Ruby Pet Nat alongside a Neapolitan pizza with gluten free crust. Whereas Rickard prefers to pour the Blanc de Blanc with any kind of sushi - bento box with sashimi, tempura, maki, nigiri…you name it! You can find both of these wines online and in the wine shop, along with other holiday gifting goodies.
If you are local and have last minute gifts to check off the list, we have you covered! We have two guides on our Instagram page to help you find exactly what you need:
In addition to the guides above, we have added a new page to our Online Wine Shop called Bundles. These are perfect to carry you through the holidays season. If you are local, you can order these online for pick-up in the wine shop by selecting pick-up at check out. You can learn more about them below.
- Snacks & Starters Trio - $139.00 (Wine Club: $125) It's the time of year when we live on snacks and appetizers. Surprise holiday drop-ins, get-togethers, parties, cocktail hours, and hanging on the couch with a charcuterie platter are all happening regularly. Be sure you have quality wine on hand for those enjoyable and easy holiday food and drink pairings. Included: Speritz Pet Nat, Blanc de Blanc, and Old Vines Riesling.
- The Rest & Relaxation Trio - $124.00 (Wine Club: $112) A little rest and relaxation does us all good! It's also the best time to sip on really great wines. You can slow down and appreciate them even more at this time of the year. This bundle was designed for those quiet moments paired with a good book or show, a comfy couch with a cozy blanket in front of the fire. Included in this trio is one bottle each of Pinot Noir Rose, Pinot Noir Reserve, and Old Vines Foch Reserve.
- Dinner Party Favourites 6 pack - $249.00 (Wine Club: $224) Dinner parties with friends and family create many memories of the season! Make your dinner table even more memorable with this 6 pack of mixed wines designed to pair with a variety of dishes and good times. Let us take the guesswork out of your plans. Included in this pack is one bottle each of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Old Vines Foch Reserve, Pinot Gris, Brut Reserve, and a sweet finish with our Late Harvest Vidal.
- The Crowd Pleaser 6 pack - $117 (Wine Club: $105) This Crowd Pleaser bundle features 3 bottles each of Market White and Market Red. This is the perfect bundle for those hard to shop for folks. The Market White and Market Red wines are delightful crowd pleasers that are affordable and enjoyable for all.
If you’re further afield, our courier elves may not deliver your order before Christmas but you can still enjoy free shipping until the end of the month. We promise the wines will still taste great after Christmas! Use the code LOVESPERLING when shopping our online store to save on shipping.
Visiting the Winery
We continue to be open Thursday - Monday between 10 am and 6 pm for shopping and tastings. Our holiday and winter winery hours are as follows:
- December 24: 10 am - 4 pm
- December 25: Closed
- December 26 - December 31: 10 am - 6 pm
- January 1: 10 am - 5 pm
- January 2: 10 am - 6 pm
- January 3 - March 15 open by luck or advanced appointment made on our website.
If you’re local, we’d love to see you for a tasting soon, or when you pick up your order from our website. If you live further away, our online store is always open, don’t forget about free shipping until the end of December!
From our family to yours, may the season be as merry and bright as you can handle, filled with many special memories, and well wishes for next year. Happy holidays!